Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Did you go green?

So yesterday was St. Patrick's day. We pull into our driveway after school and I see something on the front porch. I immediately knew there was something fishy going on around here. On our front porch was a box of these



Some super nice leprechauns had left it on our doorstep! These specific leprechauns are so thoughtful and fun! My kids were so excited to find a surprise waiting for them on St. Patrick's Day. Thanks leprechauns!



Last year for the first time, I made corned beef and cabbage. Let me just say it was not a huge hit. We all thought it was terrible! So this year I decided to have a green dinner instead. I made shepherd's pie for the main dish, I guess it's Irish right? Basically it's meat with gravy on it, then a layer of vegetables, I put corn in mine, then a layer of mashed potatoes. We all thought it was pretty good. Then we had various green things: green kool-aid, edamame, caesar salad, artichokes, green grapes, and green jello jigglers.



Dessert was easy, my kids favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip, so there you go!
Hope you had a great green day.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

We got a belated Lucky Charm treat today and my boys were so excited. I'll have to remember the mint chip ice cream for next year. It's a favorite in our family.

Fuller Family said...

Party at the Vincent's! I love the darling pictures. It looks like you had a great St. Patrick's Day! Happy birthday to Josh and Andrew (soon!) Your boys are growing up!

Christine said...

Love your green meal!

And, nice addition of your "mother and sons" picture! I guess they can't feel left out anymore!

Summer's World said...

Look what a cute Mom you are? I wore green pj pants all day.