Sunday, June 20, 2010

Paradise (Hawaii)

Aloha! We just got back from Maui and it was such a fun week that none of us wanted to come back to reality! We spent most of our time in the amazing pool at the Grand Wailea or a few feet away at the beach. We went snorkeling, surfing, and some of us golfed a lot. Being that we were in the water all the time we hardly took any pictures! But here are the few we did get.







This is the boys doing shaka, which Joshua pronounces "shotgun," and we didn't correct him enough times I guess.








Here is one of our only group shots, and we are missing Daniel and Emily. They left one day earlier than we did so they could get to Connecticut for Daniel's brother's farewell.







The kids did a lot of fish feeding, it seems that every restaurant would hand out fish food to throw to the giant fish in their ponds.





The cousins had a great time playing together. Josh is the leader here with Brigham, Bailey, and Benjamin. It was fun that Bailey and her cousin Ellie can finally play together, Ellie definitely needed a girl to play with cause boys are crazy!







Some of the men, they golfed many times, I think this might be on the island of Lanai where Tobi has wanted to play golf for years, and he finally got his chance. Brian is not here because he and Maren and their boys went over to Oahu for a night to go to the P.C.C.








We took some Hula lessons, it was interesting... lets just say we are not dancers in our family!










The newlyweds, they are so cute and we love Daniel! I think "Daniel!" was the word said most by all the kids, they were all in love with him. He fit right into our family, no adjustment period, I feel like he has been a part of the family forever. Good choice Emily!









At dinner one night Brigham who is three, was sporting the napkin bandana and so all my kids wanted to try it. Brigham is going to be a trendsetter!











Goodbye Hawaii, we'll miss you!











4 comments:

smithfam said...

hey stranger!

So lucky! What a rough life of going to Hawaii every year. Heehee
Yes I am jealous. Very cute pics. Bailey is so big. Call me sometime missy!

Anonymous said...

I was going to say on the last post that I love your dark hair!! Of course, I love your natural color too, but the dark really looks great on you. And Hawaii...that looks good on anyone.

Michelle said...

Sounds like paradise to me. I really want to go there again and Caleb's always asking. Maybe one day we'll get there...

Emily said...

I don't know what you're talking about, I had real hula-ing talent! I love the part about Daniel of course. I'm amazed that you posted that so fast.